making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Tuesday 24 July 2007

New Note, Accident, Age

Have you seen the new $20 polymer note? I have and I have one. Actually, I didn't know anything about it until today. After we had lunch, two of my friends went to the bank to line up to get the new $20 polymer notes after lunch. They asked for our (another friend and I) help to get the new notes as each person could only get 2 pieces. At first, I thought my friend was joking and didn't really pay attention to him. Lol. Sorry, friend. We waited in line for almost 20 minutes and then we each had to fill out a form with our name and IC. no. before we could exchange the new notes. Wah, really strict. While walking back to our office, friend decided to let me have one since I lined up to help him get the new notes. Hahaha. Ok, I only like the yellow orchid on the note. Lol.

***
Today, while waiting at the bus-stop for 105 to return home, I witnessed an accident between a truck and a taxi less than 10 metres away. I happened to be looking in the right direction and saw it occurred. First time I ever saw an accident right before my eyes! Thank goodness, no one was seriously hurt. It was the taxi's fault. The taxi was actually in the wrong lane and he tried to cut into the truck's lane. I think the taxi assumed the truck would give way to him or would move to the next lane. Wrong assumption! Next, I knew there was a sharp screech of metal against metal for several long seconds which was really jarring on the ears. The taxi and the truck were still there when my bus came 10 minutes later. They were probably waiting for the police? Sigh, with drivers like that, should I take up driving again? Hahaha.

***
When I went to see a movie recently, I was asked for my IC to verify that I am above 18 years old. Hmm... wondering if the guy was trying to be funny or not? I mean if I look in my twenties, ok, it might still be plausible, lol. But me under 18?! Ok, that is too far-fetched, even for me! Hahaha. Yes, I have been told by many that I look younger than my actual age. Well, I guess I am flattered when people think I look younger. Shouldn't complain, huh? Better relish the compliments while I can still receive them. LOL.

No comments: