making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Friday 6 July 2007

School Blessing

I was invited by CHIJ, where I am a counsellor, as a guest to attend its school blessing and dedication ceremony on 6 July 2007. CHIJ has just moved back to its present site, into a new school building after a 2-years absence. CHIJ is finally home again.

The blessing and dedication ceremony, with its hymns, prayers, readings, and communion, lasted about 1.5 hours, from 9am to 10.30am. It was a beautiful and solemn ceremony. The choir was magnificent! I think VIPs (Principals, V-Ps, MOE officers), guests and parents alike were all enthralled by the girls' angelic singing. My favourite hymn was "On Eagle's Wings". (It sure brought back memories of my church-going days when I was a kid.) I think we have found our own "Haley Westenra"s in the 3 girls who led the choir. Great job, girls!!

Instead of going for the reception, I went round the school snapping photos. I love the bright colours, great contrast. Here are some photos of the various corners...





Congrats, CHIJ. May you continue to educate girls for many, many years to come in your new school building.

Updated 7 July 2007, 12:59am
Yesterday morning was just fantastic. I have enjoyed myself very much. Still can't help thinking about it.

No comments: