making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Wednesday 4 July 2007

Taking a Break - Deathproof

Was writing away in the morning. I have more or less nailed my literature review portion. Decided to take a break from my writing. Food? Nay. Have been eating so much at tcc where I have parked myself to do my writing. Hmm... decided to watch a movie. Heard that Deathproof is pretty good. Let's go for it. I watched the 1pm show.

Deathproof is a thriller/ slasher movie where a killer stalks and pursues his victims with a car. Deathproof is really something! Quentin Tarantino is no doubt a great director. Deathproof is made like a B-grade movie in the style of the 70s, 80s. It is just very different from the usual movies and I would say, it is very hip, and very retro. LOL. I really loved it - the script, the music, the actors, the plot. A very simple plot but nonetheless, it is thrilling, quite hilarious at times and a little scary at times. I think I was laughing my head off at those funny moments, which seemed to have quite a few around.

Deathproof is just refreshing and hilarious with its dialogue, violence and gore. I guess it is a movie that you either love it or hate it, you either understand it or don't understand it. I would suggest you go see it with an open mind. That way you would enjoy Deathproof.

PS. Deathproof is actually the 2nd movie under Grindhouse. "Planet Terror" (directed by Robert Rodriguez) is supposed to be the 1st movie in Grindhouse, followed by some fake trailers which connect the two movies. Unfortunately, they broke Grindhouse up into two separate movies. I do hope they will show "Planet Terror" and the fake trailers soon.

No comments: