making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Friday 20 July 2007

Tooth Fairy

Today, Marieann lost her first baby/ milk tooth - the front tooth on her lower jaw. Well, it didn't fall out on its own, instead she needed to have it extracted. Reason being, her permanent tooth erupted directly behind her milk tooth, even before her milk tooth started to loosen and fall out. Hmm... gave her too much milk, cheese and yoghurt to eat when she was younger. Too much calcium. Lol.

My mother brought her to see my dentist friend, Hoon. Both Hoon and I thought that there might be some problem extracting Marieann's tooth because she was quite resistant at her last visit to Hoon for a simple clean-up. Anyway, I talked to Marieann last night about her dental visit today and she seemed okay. We thought we shall see today.

Surprisingly, it was a breeze for Hoon to extract her tooth. Marieann didn't protest and didn't shed a single tear. Apparently, my mother psyched her up too before the dental visit. But for a 5-year old to be able to sit still in the dental chair and have her tooth extracted, it is a big deal! I think some adults have trouble doing that. I know because I have that problem. Sorry, Hoon. Hahaha :P

Well done, Marieann. I am so proud of you! You are such a brave girl. Remember to place your tooth under your pillow tonight before you sleep, tomorrow you will find a little something from the Tooth Fairy. =)

PS To read more about the Tooth Fairy, click
here.

No comments: