making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Monday 9 July 2007

Transformers 2007 - More than Meets the Eye

I couldn't take it anymore. I just had to see it, the 80s cartoon of my childhood, now being remade into a motion picture. Regret it, I did not! Only why I didn't see it earlier. Lol. Yes, I am a Transformers fan. (Used to watch other robot/ mecha kind of anime too, like Macross, Patlabor, Gundam, Neon Genesis Evangelion, etc. Yes, I know I have very different tastes from the typical girls lol.)

Caution: May contain Spoilers.
Transformers is about Earth being the battleground for the heroic Autobots (led by Optimus Prime) and evil Decepticons (led by Megatron), after their planet - Cybertron has been destroyed, for the control of the Cube - the Allspark (a talisman that grants unlimited power). Sam, a high school boy, is embroiled in the battle between the good and evil robots when he bought his car, Bumblebee which is actually an Autobot... I shall not say anymore.

Just to refresh our memories of who is who (I think two or three of them are not in the original cartoon but I may be wrong too, saw it long time ago):
Autobots - Optimus Prime, Jazz, Ironhide, Ratchet, and Bumblebee
Decepticons - Megatron, Starscream, Barricade, Bonecrusher, Blackout and Devastator

I really love the visual effects - the transformation of cars, truck, tank, aircrafts, etc into robots - AWESOME!! The CGI and live action just fit so seamlessly into each other, you would think the robots are actually real and interacting with the actors. The sound effects are FANTASTIC too, complement the actions very well, making them even more exciting. (I think I was at the edge of my seat most of the time.). There is lots of fast-paced action and I am NOT complaining. Lol. Humour is present too in the movie. Bonus. Although Bumblebee and Optimus Prime look different from the original cartoon, I could live with the changes. Just took a bit of time getting used to their new looks. I also really like the song by Linkin Park, What I've Done in the movie. It is the only one not too "screamy" and hard rock. Lol.

Transformers 2007 definitely did not disappoint me. In fact, it blew my mind, it was beyond my expectations. Really GLAD that I watched it. Can't wait for the 2nd and 3rd movie of Transformers to be out!

For those of you (Transformers fans) who are going to watch it, make sure you stay right until the END of the credits, there is something to see...(that's what I heard after I saw the movie). I left too early... so going back again to see it and for the action. LOL. Definitely need to see Transformers again just for the action. For those of you (non-fans), just go watch it with an open mind. Who knows, you may be the next generation of Transformers fans =)

Here is the trailer for Transformers 2007:


Transformers movie trailer (final)

No comments: