making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Saturday 21 July 2007

World Book Release: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

I had initially planned to line up at Borders at 6am in the morning but then decided to go with a very good friend instead at a later time, 9:15am so that we won't be too bored waiting in the queue. At least, we would have each other to talk to, lol. However, I didn't manage to wake up until close to 9am when very good friend smsed me that he was on his way to pick me up to get Harry Potter at Borders. Ah, panic. Hahaha. Lol. But I managed to get ready in 15 minutes.

When we got to Borders, we could see that some people were already reading their Harry Potter book at the Coffee Bean cafe and many people leaving Borders with a orange coloured Harry Potter paper bag . I WANT MY HARRY POTTER TOO!! I almost half ran to the queuing line. LOL. Thank goodness, the queue wasn't too long, only up to the entrance of Wheelock Place (the side facing Shaw Lido). I waited in line while very good friend went to "scout" around for a shorter queue. Apparently, there were two other lines inside the shop but both were equally as long as the queue I was already at. Time passed quite quickly when you have company.

After half an hour, we both managed to get our Harry Potter! As I pre-ordered my book, I also received a Beanie Hedwig snowy owl. Now I have two Hedwig owls. The first one was a gift from an ex-MOE HQ colleague after I won first prize at the Best Costume competition, MOE Workplan Day 2003 . She was both tickled and impressed by my costume. I was dressed as a female student of Hogwarts - complete with the red and yellow striped tie, grey long-sleeved vest and the robe with the Gryffindor House badge! LOL. Actually, most then-colleagues said I won the competition hands-down, "No fight aready lah, see you in that". Hahaha. Yes, I was a BIG Harry Potter fan then. I still AM a BIG Harry Potter fan NOW!

We were hungry so we went to get a quick breakfast. Very good friend couldn't resist and started reading Harry Potter, from the BACK! LOL. Had to remind him to read SILENTLY as I do not want to know the details. I much prefer to read it for myself! Hahaha. So if you know what has happened in the book, DON'T TELL me! Lol.

I will update again later...


Updated 21 July 2007, 8:52pm
My family went to lunch at an old family friend, Ah Ma's place. I call her Ah Ma because she's elderly and she watched me grew up from a baby. Now my girls call her Lao Ma (meaning great grandmother). We had popiah lunch. It was really fun to make and eat your own popiah creations. Not to mention Delicious too!


After lunch, I had a long nap from 2pm+ to 6pm+. Well, the cool rainy weather was extremely nice to sleep in and I also had a purpose. I needed to sleep then because I intend to do an all-nighter to read my Harry Potter tonight! Yes, I will be up all night to read it and I hope to finish come Sunday morning. Hahaha. Then maybe I will review it on my blog. LOL. So my friends, don't be surprised if you still see me online in the wee hours of Sunday morning. Ok, I better get back to my Harry Potter, onto Chapter 3... gripping...

No comments: