making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Tuesday 31 July 2007

Worried Sick

Have you ever been worried about something or someone, sometimes to the point of being sick?

We all worry, fret, brood about something(s) or someone(s) to some degree at one point of time or another. It is our human nature. We are the only species on earth (so far but there could be some unknown species yet to be uncovered :P) who have the ability to think about the future. However, this thinking ahead ability is a double-edged sword. It is both an advantage as well as disadvantage - the realisation that things could go wrong and thus, worry or anxiety is born.

I am no exception. I have been worried sick about something(s) and someone(s) before. Today, actually, lol. I was really worried about my dissertation. I was really worried about a good friend. My worries had stemmed from my feeling of vulnerability and my sense of helplessness. Glad to inform all, everything is fine now. I am very much relieved and smiling again.

But maybe because I was so highly strung with worry today, even when the "fight" response was deactivated, it was too late. I have already built up too much worry that I have got a headache now :(. In other words, I was literally worried sick. :P Definitely can't do much tonight. I guess I will have to sleep early tonight. Nothing like a good night's sleep to restore my energy, lol. :)

No comments: