making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Wednesday 29 August 2007

3, 2, 1, ...

And we have LIFT OFF! Yes, we finally went up on the DHL Balloon. =)

Finally, the weather let up this afternoon. The sun decided to come out to play after having rained for the past few days, including this morning. Was getting worried as the vouchers for the DHL Balloon would expire this Friday 31 August. :P Called them up to enquire about the weather condition at 3:30pm. When they gave the green light for the balloon flight, I rushed down in a taxi with my girls within 30 minutes of calling them. Lol.

Our tickets resembled flight boarding passes. A cute idea. That should take care of my craving to go overseas for a while, a SHORT while. Hahaha. We boarded Flight SB 207, departing at 1620hrs. There were only 5 families: 17 people in all on our flight. It was really exciting to step onto the balcony platform and waiting for the lift off. We held on tight to the railing during the lift off as it was really jerky. Then it became a smooth journey ascending up to the maximum height of 150 metres (or 40 storeys thereabout).

When I walked round the platform to take my photos, it was a bit like being on a ship swaying with the tides, except that the balloon was swaying with the breeze in the sky. The girls were all smiles and really enjoyed the ride and the walk in the sky round the platform. The girls were also not bothered by the height at all. I am really impressed by them. Truth be told, I am terrified of heights :( But as their mother, I couldn't show fear, right?! I had to keep my eyes from looking down. It was a very conscious effort!! Once I did look down by accident, and I immediately started having vertigo. :s It took me so much energy and effort to snap out of the vertigo and to re-focus my attention to taking the photos. The touch down was also jerky and we all had to hold on tight to the railing again. Overall, the balloon ride was fun and the panoramic view of the cityscape was nice. Well, it is an experience. :)

I managed to take some photos of the cityscape. Unfortunately, the sky was a bit hazy in the distance. Otherwise, it would have been perfect. :P See if you can recognise the various buildings?













There are photos of Bugis Junction, the NLB, the CBD area buildings, Benjamin Sheares Bridge and our own Gotham City: Parkview Building. And Of course, photos of us! :)

PS. Experiencing some problems with uploading of the photos. Will try again later. So do check back in later. Thanks. :)


Updated 30 August 2007, 2:30am
Finally, managed to upload the photos. Thanks for your patience, friends. =)

No comments: