making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Thursday 9 August 2007

Batman & Ultimate X-Men Vol. 4

It has been quite a while too since I read any comics. Managed to get my hands on a couple on Tuesday, passed to me by a good friend.

***
Batman: Gotham County Line
I really like this Batman. It is so dark. I mean, yar, Batman is always dark but this is DARKER than the usual Batman. There are murders, spells, zombies, mind control,... This Batman probes at the limits of the human mind and its beliefs. Can be quite morbid but I like it. :)

***
Ultimate X-Men Vol. 4
This deluxe volume has got Vol 7: Blockbuster and Vol 8: New Mutants in it.
Vol 7: Blockbuster is really funny. I mean, ok, X-Men has always been a serious comic. It still is but this one has got Spiderman in it, a teenage Spiderman! Pair a teenage Spiderman (who says the funniest things as expected from a teenager, never mind that he is a superhero) and a broody Wolverine, it becomes hilarious at times. I was laughing out loud at these times! Lol. Daredevil and the other X-Men also appeared briefly.
Vol 8: New Mutants is back to the usual X-Men style, concentrating on the X-Men, Charles Xavier, Xavier's School for Gifted Children, the mutant/ human relations. Nick Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D. were also featured.

***
There is another comics but I have yet to read it. It is Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter. I think it is going to be good because it is already my kind of book with its theme of mythology, werewolves and vampires.

I will let you know how it is once I have read it. :)

No comments: