making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Friday 31 August 2007

Busted Knee

This morning, I was dashing around trying to get the older girl ready for kindergarten because the school bus was already waiting at the lobby for her. But in her communication book, it said "Centre closed for half day (7am - 2pm)". Naturally, I understood it as the kindergarten was closed for half a day, the morning half. They need to communicate better. Anyway, while dashing around, I must have turned my right knee in an awkward way. The next moment I know was my right knee hurts when I walked. Every step on my right leg was "Ouch, ouch, ouch".

Darn. I have busted my right knee and it is my good knee too. I had busted my left knee years ago in Secondary 4. I had injured it while taking part in my school's sports day - high jump competition. I must had been practised too hard days before and then twisted my knee at the competition itself. My left knee was swollen for days. That was the end of my high jump "career", lol. My best jump was 150cm and I am only 156cm. :) Oh dear, I have digressed. :P

Anyway, I knew I had busted my right knee because the pain was just too similar and painful! Sigh. However, there was no time to see a doctor as I had to go to work. Visit to a doctor would have to be later. Or maybe I was also secretly wishing that my knee would get better as the day proceeded. I had to walk really, really slowly and I am NOT used to it. By afternoon, it had simply become very painful for me to walk. There were (still are) sometimes sharp pains which would just stopped me in my tracks completely. Sometimes, getting off a chair and sitting down would also result in me drawing in sharp intakes of breath.

A kind-hearted good friend could no longer watch me in agony and drove me to a pharmacy to get a knee guard. At least, it would help to some extent. And it did! The pain was not as bad as the knee guard helped to support my knee. Thank you, Good Friend. And also to my other good friends at work for their care and concerns, and some, I believed, were also grimacing along with me, whenever I felt pain in my knee. Lol. :P

I will go see a doctor first thing tomorrow morning.

PS. Not sure if it has any bearing on my knee injury. Until two days ago, my right knee was making this "click" noise whenever I walked (for at least two days). Hmm, maybe my right knee was already giving way then.

No comments: