making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Saturday 25 August 2007

Busy Weekend: Saturday - SCGS Reunion

Tonight was my SCGS reunion. It was held at SCGS. I did not take part in the last one as I was then flying off to Melbourne for a holiday. So for this reunion, I thought I should attend it and besides it would be interesting to see my classmates and schoolmates, and most importantly, to see my friends (some of whom I have known since primary school) after so long.

The reunion started at 6-ish pm. Some girls took up the challenge of going in our school uniform. Lol. I would have but I couldn't find my uniform. Hahaha. We, first had a little mini lesson in the history of SCGS in our Heritage Room which was made to look like a classroom of old. As SCGS girls, we do know the history but it just became a little more awe-inspiring when the history of SCGS and its unique place in Singapore's history is told to us again. I think we are all proud to be SCGS girls and to be part of such a unique school. Speeches were given by our former principal, Miss Heng and the new principal, Mrs Low, followed by dinner. During dinner, a lot of us were catching up with each other as well as with our former teachers. Every now and then, there was a scream and a shout, well mostly screams, here and there as old classmates and schoolmates recognised each other. LOL.

Some games were played such as one where two teams of girls (comprised of a representative from each of the 5 Sec 4 classes) had to answer a series of questions of events happening in our cohort. Another one was playing the zero-point. There was also a slide show comprising of our old photos, telling of our friendship, our camaraderie. The games and the slide show sure brought back LOTS of FOND memories for all of us. There were loads of cheering and laughing and chatting away the whole night.

The night finally came to an end at 9:30pm but not before we sang our school song with pride and the reunion photos of the whole group of us with our former principal and teachers were taken. Of course, there were also a lot of smaller group photos taken with different group of friends. So every now and then a flash would go off here and there. Lol. A number of us still lingered around, still trying to catch up with one another, still trying to exchange phone numbers and email addresses, still trying to hold on to this wonderful night. I finally left at 10:20pm.

I am really glad that I went to this SCGS reunion. I was reminded of the wonderful friendships and the wonderful memories I have made in SCGS. SCGS has made me the person I am today. I am proud to be a true blue SCGS girl - a Kim Gek. Most of my friends said I have not changed at all, still look the same as in secondary school. Hmm, that means I still look very young lah. Hahaha. I will take it as a compliment. Lol. It has been a truly wonderful night: meeting of former classmates, schoolmates and friends, catching up with them, talking about shared memories in SCGS, the laughing and the chatting. It has been really fun and memorable. I really enjoyed myself very much. Thank you.

Here are some photos of me taken with my Sec 2 form teacher and with my classmates. =)







No comments: