making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Sunday 26 August 2007

Busy Weekend: Sunday

In the morning, after I finished supervising Marieann with her homework, we went out. We went back to Isetan Scotts because of my Kipling laptop bag which I had on hold for me. I have decided to get it. =) Another Kipling bag to add to my Kipling collection (I have 8 Kiplings already). Lol. Yes, I am a Kipling FAN. =)

Had wanted to bring the girls to the DHL Balloon but it was drizzling so decided to have an early lunch first while waiting for the drizzle to let up. We went to Cedele, Wheelock Place. Yes, finally got to try out Cedele. Hahaha. I ordered a Rosemary Lemon Chicken ($18.90++): a rosemary scented chicken with homemade fresh herb sauce, warm Puay Lentil salad, mashed potato and garden greens. Hubby ordered a Wild Blueberry Pancake ($12.90) with vanilla butter and maple syrup with sausages. I also ordered a Boston Clam Chowder ($8.50++) for the girls to share. I liked my chicken with its lemon herb sauce, very refreshing. The Puay Lentil salad took a bit of getting used to but ok, not too bad. The girls enjoyed the clam chowder which is very nice, and Juliane especially enjoyed the rustic bread that came with the soup.





***
After lunch, we decided to try our luck with the DHL Balloon. Unfortunately, the balloon flight was still suspended due to the weather condition which was cloudy and drizzling very slightly. Oh well, I guess I would have to bring them during one of the weekdays now before the tickets expire on 31 August.

***
In the late afternoon, I attended a gathering to discuss about the current situation at my estate with a few other residents. The gathering lasted almost 2 hours. It was a fruitful discussion. Have quite a few things to do.

***
After my gathering, I rushed home for a dinner party at my place. My mother had invited my dentist friend, Hoon and her dentist friends, a dentist couple, Fuen Fuen and Min Seet with their children, Lynn and Shawn. My mother cooked her Red Wine Chicken Mee Sua and Braised Pork Pau. A simple meal but everyone enjoyed it. For dessert, we had Apple Strudel and Mango Strudel from The Strudel House with Chinese tea. Yum yum. It was calling out to me and it is rude to ignore, right? Lol. Ok lah, I only took half a piece of the apple strudel which I washed down with lots of Chinese tea. :)




The girls made friends with Lynn and Shawn. They were initially shy but once they warmed up, oh my, there was no stopping the children. They were playing and talking like they have known each other for a long time! That's kids for you. Lol.




***
It has been a very busy weekend for me. =)

No comments: