making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Wednesday 15 August 2007

Cold Turkey

If you have been reading my blog, you would know that I am prediabetic. Yes, very sad. Lol. I have cut all my sugar intake since Saturday and have been trying my best to maintain a healthy diet. It has been really difficult.

I have a sweet tooth since young. Dessert/ sweets is often the highlight of my meals, of my day. The first thing I look at in a menu is the dessert page and I would plan my meal around the dessert I am going to have. Lol. When I feel happy :), I would have a dessert to reward myself. When I feel sad :(, I would have a dessert to perk myself up. There is not a single day that goes without dessert or sweet stuff for me!

For my health, I have decided to go cold turkey - quit at once, rather than to do it gradually. But I am now suffering from withdrawal symptoms - both psychological and physical ones. I seem more irritable or easily excited and more emotionally volatile. I feel fatigue easily. I also seem more prone to headaches now, the pulsating kind and sometimes accompanied by nausea. Like today, in the late afternoon while at work, I suddenly became very tired and started having a pulsating headache. It just hit me! Being allergic to panadol and aspirin, I couldn't take anything to ease my headache. "booM, boOM, bOOM, BOOM, ..."

Thank goodness for my good friend who suggested that I take cashew nuts to replenish my energy and he said cashew nut is also safe food for diabetics. True enough, half an hour after munching on cashew nuts, my headache started to ease. Now, cashew nut is my new best friend. LOL.

When I came home after work, I did a search on the Internet about cashew nuts. Wow, cashew nuts are really good. For everyone, not just diabetics. I am going to start eating cashew nuts everyday now. Lol. Click here to learn more about cashew nuts. I also found something about diet for prediabetic. Useful information for me definitely.

I want to thank my good friends who have been helping to keep me away from dessert and sweet stuff. Thank you so much. A special thank you to my good friend who told me about the cashew nuts. I would never have known if you didn't tell me. Thanks, I owe you one. :)

No comments: