making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Saturday 11 August 2007

Diet Change

Have been noticing a few changes of late - constant hunger, weakness and fatigue, slow healing of cuts. I have been keeping mental notes. Blame it on occupational hazard, no, this is not paranoia lah, hahaha. Since I have not been feeling too well and am worried about the changes, I went to see my doctor this morning. Diagnosis: I have to really watch my diet. Why?

I was diagnosed with pre-diabetes during my pregnancy. No, it is not the same as gestational diabetes. Pre-diabetes meant that my blood sugar level is higher than normal, but not high enough to be classified as type 2 diabetes. Oh, by the way, diabetes runs in my family. Thus, I am at a much higher risk to develop diabetes in the future. Don't worry, I am still only pre-diabetes but have to be very, very careful.

From now on, I must have a healthy lifestyle. I have to really watch my diet: no more desserts (ARGH! :( Sob sob), have food low in fat and calories (more veggies and fruits, lean meat), drink water and calorie-free "diet" drinks only (no more teh-c everyday). I also need to do more physical activities. Sigh. Me so lazy, going to be so hard. Lol.

I can't do this alone. Lol. Ok, Friends, I am counting on all of you to help me. That's what friends are for, right?! Hahaha.

No comments: