making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Saturday 18 August 2007

Farewell III: Afternoon Tea

Yes, it looks like it is a whole series of farewells for this week. LOL. This afternoon, we had a bigger group of friends for Clara's farewell, including ex-colleagues. There were 9 of us: Clara, Theresa and hubby, Kin Ming, Elizabeth, Yee Zher, me, Dennis and wife). Thus, it was also a get-together for old friends. =) We decided to have Afternoon Tea so that we could eat and yet still sit around and chat for a much longer time (rather than a proper meal). We thought it was also a good time to pamper ourselves. Lol.

We met at The Tea Lounge, Regent Hotel. As it was raining (so the slower traffic), we waited until everyone arrived (around 2pm) before we started tucking into our Afternoon Tea buffet. The buffet served sandwiches, scones, hot food (quiche, satay, puffs, udon, crispy prawns, chicken) and dessert (cakes, creme brulee, tarts, pudding, chocolate fondue). It was really, really difficult for me at the tea because I can't touch any of the desserts. However, I found myself gravitating towards the dessert table every time I went to get food. Friends often had to pry me away from the dessert table. Hahaha. Ok lah, I lied. I did touch some of the desserts BUT only like half a teaspoon each of the creme brulee, the opera cake, rice pudding and orange brulee tart. Only 2 teaspoons in total. See, I was very disciplined. LOL. (But to tell the truth, after 8 days of fasting from sugar, I did find the dessert kinda too sweet! Felt a little sick after that. Strange huh? Lol.) Here are what I couldn't take.








Don't they look DELICIOUS and YUMMY?? Lol.

In the middle of tea, we presented Clara with her presents and card. We got her a A4 size handy bag which she could bring to class. We filled it with little things which she might use in class/ school like post-it notes, pens, notepad, paperclips, and book markers. I made her a little "new teacher" survival kit filled with items which had special meanings, hoping to bring cheer and encouragement to her as she starts her teaching career. Here are our lovely photos. =)













We all enjoyed ourselves having our Tea, chatting away and lots of laughing. We left at 6pm. I think the Farewell Afternoon Tea cum Get-together was a success. Of course lah, who organised it?! LOL. Just joking. :P And a bonus, we managed to get 25% off cos I used my UOB Lady's card! Always good to save some money, no?? Hahaha. Err.. Good Friends, whatever you think you might have heard about a certain part-time RA who is feeling rich and giving you all a treat, DON'T believe it. IT is just a RUMOUR!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hi hweiming,

this is benji, long time no see! dennis sent me the link to your blog spot since i asked him about how my old buddies at crpp are doing. i guess a lot of people have moved to other positions, but @ least the high tea looked fun!

drop me a line when you have some time and let me know how things are going.

benji.

hweiming said...

hi benji,

it is certainly wonderful to hear from you! glad that dennis passed you my blog address. how are you? oh yes, it is quite different now at the centre. most people whom you last met are no longer here, except dennis, me, ... work is still the same, still working on the phd... lol. so are you coming back out this way again? it would be fun to catch up with you! well, if you come this way, i can organise a welcome high tea in your honour. yar? lol.

well, you take care. hope to hear from you again.

hweiming