making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Wednesday 22 August 2007

I and SAM

Machines and I don't mix very well. We are definitely not the best of bedfellows. Lol.

Today, I tried to use SAM to buy postage stamp for a letter to Australia. My friends were with me. They were giving me moral support, knowing of my fear with machines. Hahaha. First time, I was too nervous and ended up keying too many numbers for my PIN. So transaction unsuccessful. Tried a second time, everything done correctly BUT transaction unsuccessful again! I give up! But good friend was very kind. On his own accord, he got me the postage label and with just one try! Lol. He shook his head as he passed me the label, "It is confirmed, you are the one with the problem, not the machines". Just the other day, I also had to use SAM to pay my bills and encountered a problem too, the machine refused to read my card. Thank goodness, I had a good friend with me then, who helped me out as well.

Yes, I have an innate fear of machines but only of a particular type - any machine that deals with money. I hardly use SAM on my own unless I am with someone who knows how to use it. I would rather line up at the MRT control station to top up my EZ-link card then to use the top-up machine. Even for ATM, I have never used it other than to draw cash. Yes, I know. I am strange. But I can't help it. Hahaha.

Actually, there is another kind of machine that I sometimes have problems with - computers. Yes, I mean it. NO, I am not joking! I have crashed no less than 4 computers. You can ask my friends from MOE HQ and from current workplace. There is a standing joke that if anyone wants to take a break, they only need to ask me to go near their computers. I am more effective than a virus. Hahaha.

Need a break from work?? Lol.

No comments: