making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Tuesday 21 August 2007

Public Transport

I usually take the public transport to work and back home unless I am lucky and manage to get a lift from good friend. (Hint, hint, good friend. Lol. =)) I have to take a bus first, followed by the MRT and finally the bus again (same thing for the return trip). The whole journey, including waiting time, will take about 60 - 75 minutes.

Whenever I am on the public transport, I love to observe my fellow commuters' behaviours. It is really interesting to see what they do. Hmm, maybe it is an occupational hazard of being a psychologist, hahaha. The usual behaviours are people reading the newspapers, books or comics; people listening to their ipods; people sms-ing; people talking on their mobile; and of course, people sleeping.

I am always amazed by how people can sleep on the public transport. I can't. I am too afraid to sleep in case I miss my stop and besides, I think it is unlady-like to sleep in public. I have seen too many ladies who slept on the bus and MRT in really unbecoming postures. I won't elaborate here what kind of postures. If you have a chance to take the public transport during morning or evening peak hour, take a close look around. Not a pretty sight, I assure you. LOL.

Oh, there is one more behaviour of some commuters which I find absolutely disgusting - people clipping their nails while on the bus/ MRT! Eewwww! Personal grooming such as nail clipping should be taken care of in private, at HOME! Not on a bus/ MRT. The bus/ MRT is, after all, a PUBLIC PLACE! It belongs to all commuters. Tsk, tsk. Shame on those commuters!

The public transport is indeed an interesting place to observe human behaviours.

PS. I have also observed relationships between commuters. Maybe I will talk about it in another post.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take photo of the nail clipping culprit and post it on STOMP!

Anonymous said...

Interesting observation :) Now I know one more commuter's behaviour.

Which is... "observing other commuters" hehehehe ;)