making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Thursday 2 August 2007

Sexy and Nice

Last week was 24, this week is sexy! I tell you, kids really do say the darniest things. LOL.

I was at counselling this morning. This P5 girl, whom I have been seeing for the past 2 years, out of the blue commented that I looked sexy today. HUH?! Where did that come from? I took a quick look at myself, fearing that I might have wore something inappropriate in my haste to get to the school (as I was replying an email just before I had to leave for the school and was running a bit late). Hmm... looked quite okay: skirt just slightly above knee but nothing ridiculously short, wore a three-quarter sleeved blouse with modest neckline. What is she talking about? I laughed it off but thanked her for her compliment. It is only manners, right? Hahaha. To me, it was an once off comment.

However, I received the same comment again from a few other girls. Now this is getting really funny. LOL. Maybe they ganged up to pull my leg. But hang on, they weren't from the same class, not even from the same level! Ok, fine. I graciously accept the compliment. :P Thank you, girls. Hahaha. I thought I was dressed prim and proper for school. Apparently not. Lol. It seems the girls have a very different idea/ point of view/ impression of what sexy is from the adults. I can't win, can I? Lol.

***
Another comment was made today by the girls: that they are very glad and lucky to be counselled by me. They think that I am very nice and I listen to them. Although I sometimes nag (hey, I don't nag that much lah!), I never tried to force them to my way of thinking. Thanks, girls. It really means a lot to me. That is really nice of them and it really warms my heart. I am glad that they know I am trying to help them. This is the reward of counselling - to see personal growth in the girls and to be appreciated. =)

No comments: