making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Thursday 30 August 2007

Teachers' Day Celebration

The school I am counselling at celebrated Teachers' Day today instead of tomorrow. The girls were dismissed earlier today at 11 am so as to give the teachers an earlier break too to enjoy a Teachers' Day buffet lunch at Royal Plaza on Scotts Hotel. Because of the earlier dismissal time, I also benefitted, can take a break as there are less girls to counsel for today. :)

There was the teachers' day celebration programme in the morning, 8-9am, followed by lessons until 11am. Of course, it was hard to have lessons as the girls were all over the place giving cards, flowers, presents to their teachers to show their appreciation of their teachers. I think the teachers pretty much gave up trying to conduct lessons. Hahaha. When I was walking around trying to get my counsellees, the school girls (not my counsellees) greeted me with "Happy Teachers' Day". It was really nice of them.

One of my counsellees made me a balloon doggy. Unfortunately, the "doggy" didn't survive longer than an hour once I brought it home. It has already been dismantled by Juliane, lol. :P Another counsellee gave me a red embroidered cushion. Some of the counsellees also came to look for me to wish me "Happy Teachers' Day" even though I am not counselling them today. I was really touched by their gestures. It meant that they are appreciative of my help and that they know I am there for them. A card from one of the counsellees said it all and really made my day:

"Thank you for giving me bags of advice on different problems I've had! They always work! Thanks for being a great listening ear! Thanks for being there for me."

No comments: