making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Tuesday 14 August 2007

Translation

During my UQ days, I once took a year's course in Translation (English-Chinese) and did pretty well for it - got Distinction :) I didn't really needed to do that course but I thought it was interesting. As I also once took a course in Government: Peace & Conflict Analysis for the same reason. LOL. Still couldn't believe I actually took that Government course and scored a Credit for it. Hmm, maybe my activist nature didn't just start now, lol. Sorry, I have digressed, back to translation.

I have been trying to translate an English document into Chinese. It is quite slow going because I have become really rusty in translating. Haven't done it in years. Having technical terms in the document is not making it easier either. Hahaha. Another reason for being slow is I have forgotten how to write many Chinese characters. Shh... don't tell my mother, I will get a scolding from her. She's Taiwanese so very particular about proper usage of Chinese, etc. Lol. However, as I proceeded with my translation, the characters are slowly coming back to me. As I re-read the portions that I have translated, I began to get better and refined the translation I have done. I would probably need another few more hours to finish it. Wish me luck. =)

No comments: