making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Monday 3 September 2007

Busted Knee II

Never realised a busted knee would result in an old friend of mine contacting me from Perth, Australia. Lol. This is the wonder of technology and blogs. Hahaha.

Thanks, Colin for your comments. It is really nice to hear from you! No lah, I am not still complaining about the aspirin you gave me after so many years. Hahaha. But you must admit, it is quite funny when we both look back at that incident now. =)

My knee is getting better. Sometimes, the pain is still there but it is definitely more bearable now than a few days ago. Sometimes, I would forget myself and walk too fast. Or like today, I ended up with the wrong foot on the steps and I jumped down the step so to avoid the pain from the bending of my busted knee. That action of mine drew a horrified gasp and shaking of his head from a good friend who didn't know what to say to me. Lol, :P Ok lah, I should be more careful while my knee is trying to heal and not do funny things like jumping down the steps. Promise.

So my knee is getting better. Thank you, my Friends, for all your concerns.

4 comments:

Colin Wee said...

Of course you're not complaining. I'm just hassling you.

Chronic pain is terrible. I live with chronic pain. It comes in cycles. I've got neck, shoulder, and a bad back/hip problem since 2004.

The pain stays for days-weeks-months, and it really wipes you out. When it gets bad its debilitating.

Add to that I've got my weekly martial arts practice, which makes pain management a little tricky. My GP has put me on naprosen, which has turned out some excellent results in the last one or two flare ups.

Doesn't stop me living my life though. Hope you make the best of things.

Colin

hweiming said...

No worries. I know you lah. Always bullying me. Lol.

Oh dear, chronic pain. Did a research paper on that before. You take care, you know, especially with your motto of work hard and party hard.

Don't worry about me, Big Bro. Though I appear meek and timid, I know how to make the best of my life too. Especially after my emergency op last year, I have been "seizing the day" whenever, wherever possible. Lol.

When will you be back in Singapore? Must catch up. Yar? Meanwhile, you take care.

Hwei Ming

Colin Wee said...

I can't foresee the next trip to Singapore coming anytime soon. Maybe transiting through, but not a separate trip. I'll let you know.

It's good to keep in touch like this.

Colin

hweiming said...

Sure, let me know when you will be back. It will be wonderful to catch up with you.

Oh by the way, update your blog! Long over due!!! So lazy. Lol. Just joking. Knowing you, if you are here right now, I would have kana a whack from you. Ouch! Hahaha. Update it, ok? So that I can also know what's happening with you and your family.

Yes, it is good to keep in touch like this. :)

Hwei Ming