making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Saturday 22 September 2007

Chanced Meeting, Night Snack

In the late morning, I took Juliane to Popular Bookshop@Orchard MRT as I had to get my counselling girls Children's Day gifts. Besides buying for the counselling girls, I ended up buying for my own girls too, lol. It was close to 12pm when I finished my purchases. We went to Sakae for lunch. No choice, Juliane wanted to have her chawanmushi and tamago. (Yes, I am getting sick of Sakae too, lol). After lunch, we browsed around at Isetan Scotts and I had a surprise meeting with a professor from my workplace. We chatted for a while on..., no, not about work but about enbloc, lol. We are both anti-enbloc so you guess which direction the chat went.

***
"We are going to Nemocity. No, Nebocity. No, Vi-vo-ci-ty". That was Juliane in the car trying to pronounce Vivocity but kept getting it wrong until she said it really slowly, lol. After dinner, we decided to try to get the sugarless mooncake from Habour City Restaurant which has a sales booth at Vivocity. Alas, they have ran out of them. Too bad, next year then.

While hubby went to his Samsung shop, I browsed around and saw this lovely cafe which reminded me of those in UK (Bath, York), Italy (Rome, Venice, Florence), Switzerland (Lucerne), Belgium (Brussels), Netherlands (Amsterdam, Rotterdam), France (Paris). I was also attracted by the display of pastries and desserts along its entrance corridor. Definitely a European style cafe, lol. When hubby returned, we went into Corduroy Cafe.

Although we had dinner, the food looked really yummy so we ordered Trzesniewski typical european bite size sandwiches ($10 for 6 pcs) and a Kortofel Salat ($4.50): potato, bacon bits, cider dressing and diced apple to share. They were really as good as they looked. The girls ordered their colourful donuts. I ordered a Rose bud Tea. They were really generous with the rose buds. Definitely going back to this cafe again. =)










No comments: