making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Monday 24 September 2007

Counselling, Parent-Teacher Meeting, Kyushu Fair

Today I went in for counselling to make up for the session I missed last week due to my flu. It will be PSLE next week. I thought the least I could do is to be there so the P6 girls could talk to me to calm their pre-PSLE nerves. :)
I also gave them their Children's Day presents. They had not expected it although I have been giving out Children's Day pressies for 4 years now. They all left my room smiling. :) Seeing their smiles made my day.

***
After counselling at 12:30pm, I rushed down to my girls' kindergarten to meet their teachers for Parent-Teacher Meeting. Yes, even at Nursery 1 and Kindergarten 1, they have PTM already, lol. Talk about stress for the parents, lol.
I just made it for the 1 pm meeting with Juliane's teacher. Her teacher showed me her works and her progress book. Her teacher praised her for being one of the fastest learners and one of the best behaved in class. That's my girl, hahaha.
Next, I saw Marieann's teacher at 1:20pm. Her teacher too showed me her works and I was really surprised at some of the things she could do such as writing guided stories, doing multiplication up to thousands! Her teacher praised her for being more vocal. That’s my girl too, hahaha.
Hearing the teachers praised my girls really made my day.

***
Decided to go to Isetan Scotts to get something for the girls. The Isetan supermarket is having a Kyushu Fair now. I bought the girls Dango or sticky rice balls (mochi) on sticks. Actually, I bought 5 sticks, some with fillings such as red bean and purple sweet potato (for hubby), and the colourful ones (plain) for the girls. I also bought the Seasoned Rice Balls with Chicken which were really delicious. The rice balls had chicken and burdock pieces in them and the seasoning was just right.
Got quite a few items, lol. I paid with my Isetan card and the bill goes to hubby, hahaha.
That made my day too.



No comments: