making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Friday 7 September 2007

Dinner Gathering

Juliane's Godfather, Anthony is back from UK on business trip and we all met up for dinner. Unfortunately, the girls are still recovering so they stayed home.

We met at Paragon at 7:30pm. However, as The Soup Restaurant (Chinese) was packed, we went to Tambuah Mas Indonesian Restaurant instead. This is the first time I am ever in an Indonesian restaurant. Reason being, I can't take spicy food so I have always avoided such restaurants. Being more familiar with the restaurant, Anthony ordered the dishes: tahu telur, yellow chicken curry, prawns, satay and of course, steamed rice. I am pleasantly surprised. The dishes weren't as spicy as I thought it would be. But then it could also be with every mouth, I had a sip of water. Hahaha. I thought the yellow chicken curry was nice, especially the gravy, really yummy with rice. But so sinful, full of coconut milk :P

Over dinner, we talked about work, family and holidays. Anthony talked about their holiday plans to travel a bit in Europe before they return to Singapore next year. So nice! Another good friend, KL joined us around 8:30pm for dinner. More talking and eating ensured. :) Around 9:15pm, Anthony took leave as he had to get to the airport for his 11:30pm flight back to UK. We promised to email each other and meet up again the next time he is back.

We remained at the restaurant and chatted with KL. One interesting topic came up. KL was saying that her parents mentioned that once her brother was married, he would willingly fetch his wife to places but not the parents. For that, I defended hubby. He is the total opposite. He would willingly fetch his mother to places but not his wife, i.e., me. He would ask me to take the cab or worse, take the bus instead. I am not joking. Just like the other day, I said I would like to get some mooncakes. He told me to take the bus to Takashimaya and he would meet me there. Hello, I injured my knee, can't walk properly, remember?! Sigh. Anyway, he did eventually come to pick me up to go get mooncakes. Feeling guilty, I think. Lol.

We soon parted ways with KL close to 10pm. On the whole, this is a good day for me. Had the famous Chicken Rice for lunch at my workplace, tried Indonesian food for the 1st time, had fun catching up with good friends. Always good to end the day with good food, laughter and fun. =)

No comments: