making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Saturday 1 September 2007

Family Outing to the ...

DOCTOR'S! Lol. Yup, you didn't read wrongly. Lol. :P

Juliane has a bad cough with running nose, Marieann has a stuffy nose, hubby's throat feels funny and of course, I have my busted knee. We were at the doctor's in the morning. He is my family doctor as well as an old family friend so I call him "Dr Tan Uncle". Uncle was really surprised to see all of us, "Wah, family outing, huh?". Hahaha. Juliane and Marieann both have the same thing - a cold and hubby is just starting to have a sore throat. As for me, I am all healthy except for the knee. Must be all that multi-vitamins, fish oil and what-not supplements I have been taking since knowing I am pre-diabetic. :P A blessing in disguise, huh? Lol.

As for my knee, it is neither arthritis (e.g. gout, rheumatoid arthritis) nor torn ligaments/ muscles/ tendons. THANK GOODNESS. Hahaha. Uncle was bending, twisting, and turning my right knee to diagnose what was wrong. It seemed my knee cartilage on the underside of my knee cap is inflamed. This is mostly likely due to trauma. Well, I did have a really big bruise just above my knee cap but I couldn't remember how I got it.

Anyway, I was prescribed anti-inflammatory medications and a Voltaren Emulgel to apply to my knee. Uncle took a long time before prescribing me the medications because he has to make sure non of them contain aspirin, panadol, amoxicillin, and salicylate because they would give me anaphylaxis (the most severe type of allergic reaction, I usually react within 30-60 minutes of exposure. Ain't I just so "lucky"? :P). Thus, he often has a big headache prescribing me medication. Lol. :P I also have to wear my knee guard for a week. I was also told to avoid walking up and down stairs and to have rest. Oh dear, my work place is full of stairs!! Hmm... maybe work from home for next week. :P

Updated 1 September 2007, 10:30pm
My knee seemed to be feeling much better now after the medications. But I am still walking very slowly and with a slight limp. Don't want to overwork it.

3 comments:

Colin Wee said...

One aspirin isn't going to kill you. Besides, it's been what? Almost 20 years since I gave you aspirin. Maybe you're over the allergy by now?

Colin

hweiming said...

HI!!!

Really wonderful to hear from you! How are things? How are the kids? How's Emmy? Send my regards to them.

You still remember that it was you who gave me the aspirin? LOL. That was just too close for comfort, hahaha. Sad to say, I am still allergic to them :( No such luck as in over them now. Never mind, I just have to be more careful and not fall ill, lol.

By the way, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY to you and Emmy. Hope it was a great day.

You take care. Hear from you again.

Hwei Ming :)

Colin Wee said...

Yeah how can I forget when you're still complaining ... after 20 years! Hahahhahaha.

I've decided to use my personal blog to list a link of all my friend's blogs. So thought to start with the one you have. It's nice having an extended conversation with old friends.

http://outersingapore.blogspot.com/

My bday was good. I celebrated hard with family and friends over a couple of days. I'm feeling real good about things (despite having a chest congestion, etc).

Good to hear from you too. Hope your knee gets better.

Colin