making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Saturday 15 September 2007

Farewell IV

Yes, it is yet another farewell for a colleague and good friend.

Today, we went to RSVP at Park, Park Hotel Orchard (former Crown Prince Hotel) for its buffet lunch. It has semi-buffet ($19++) or semi-buffet + main course ($28++). Its semi-buffet has a range of appetizers, salads, healthy greens, fresh seafood, two kinds of soups, various kinds of bread and an array of desserts and fruits. If you go for the semi-buffet + main course, (which I went for) you could order one of the following: sea brass, tenderloin, veal, chicken, penne, spaghetti. Plus if you have DBS card, it is a 1-for-1 deal, really worth it. =)

Today is Liz's farewell lunch. There were seven and a half of us: Bai Rui, Liz and Greg, Clara and Stanley, Kin Meng, me and Juliane (my girl, thus the half, lol). Before lunch, we were catching up with one another, such as how was the new job?, how's life at u-know-where?, etc, etc. When everyone arrived, we started tucking into the buffet with gusto! Hahaha. I really enjoyed the appetizers and salads. Most of my friends enjoyed the fresh seafood selection: prawns, mussels, crab, oysters. I really liked my Chicken main course which was cooked in 2 ways - thigh confit in soy-ginger and breast as roulade and baked. Yummy. Juliane ate quite a fair bit too and she liked her desserts and grapes. I was very good today, I didn't touch any of the desserts. I only tried minute amount from Juliane's desserts and found them all too sweet. Hmm, I guess that is a good sign for me. Lol. Here are pictures of the lovely desserts which I can't take any more :P and my chicken main course.






After lunch, we presented Liz with her present and card. We got her a set of Japanese bowls (5 pieces) which she could use in her new home. She will be getting married at the end of the year. Congrats! Here are our lovely photos. :)













We lingered at the restaurant to chat further, catching up with each other on what's happening and future plans. We only left when the restaurant closed. It is sad to see another one of us leave. But I am very sure we will keep in touch as we have all become such good friends!

PS. It seems like I am forever organising farewells for good friends. Hmm, just wondering who is going to organise mine when it is my turn to go? Lol. A good friend mentioned he would organise it in the journal room, if not the Admin Blk foyer! Oh dear. Lol. Maybe I will organise my own farewell and invite good friends to come. Will you come? Hahaha.

No comments: