making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Thursday 6 September 2007

Mini Outing

This week is the school holiday week so I have no counselling. I have actually planned to go for movies, shopping (window, lol) and such but all plans were scrapped because of my knee injury. Sigh.

After having rested my knee for most days of this week, I decided to make a little trip to the city to run some errands in the afternoon. I decided to take the bus, rather than the cab. I thought it is time to test out how my knee is recovering. Hmm, going up the bus wasn't much of a problem but coming down the bus presented a little bit of a problem. My knee kind of "locked up" and there was slight pain. Yikes. Anyway, I went to Takashimaya to look for gift ideas because I needed to get a gift for someone. I saw a few potential items but I will need to think about it. :)

Next errand on my list - to look for sugarless mooncakes. Takashimaya Square B2 is having now selling Mooncakes from the various hotels, restaurants, cafes and bakeries. I know, so far, only Marriott Marriott Hotel and Habour City Restaurant sell sugarless mooncakes. However, after walking one big round, I could find neither of them. I guess I may have to go to their respective selling points to get their sugarless mooncakes. I was really disciplined while walking my round. I resisted trying all the samples. Three cheers for me. Lol.

My knee was starting to feel a little stiff as I have been on my feet for almost 1.5 hours. I decided to take a rest and have a nice pot of rosebud tea at Coffee Club while waiting for hubby to come after work. When he arrived, we went to Swiss German Sausage Bar for dinner. I ordered a Pork Bockwurst ($9.20) which came with 2 pork sausages, sauerkraut and rosti. Hubby ordered a Sausage Platter set meal ($13 now) which came with 3 different sausages (Pork Bockwurst, French Chicken Garlic, Nuncher Weisswurst) and pasta. Along with the set, also came a free soft drink and a choice of soup or salad or dessert. Hubby chose the soup which was clam chowder. The sausages were quite tasty. But I was very full after just 1 sausage, quite filling. Or maybe it's because I finished all my rosti and sauerkraut which I like very much. =)




After dinner, we bought some pies and buns back for the girls. We also got a box of (two) 4 Yolk White Lotus Paste mooncakes. The yolk is what I love most about mooncakes. The more yolks, the merrier it is, LOL.

No comments: