making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Thursday 20 September 2007

Mooncake Craving and Mochi too

The 2 mooncakes we bought were finished long ago. I only had two tiny pieces days apart (we normally cut the mooncake into eighths). Actually I only went for the yolk, I removed as much as the lotus paste as possible so that it would not be too sweet for me. Lol.

Today, I had the craving for mooncakes again. We went to Takashimaya Mooncake Fair again. We bought our mooncakes from Dragon Phoenix Restaurant. We have been buying from Dragon Phoenix for a number of years now because they have Lotus Paste with 4 Yolks mooncakes which comes in a box set of 2 ($22). This ensures that we don't overeat. Hahaha.

As hubby hasn't had dinner, we went to Aji Tei Japanese Cuisine & Dessert House. Since I already had dinner at home, he ordered a Cuttlefish Curry Rice Set ($12.80) for himself.



We shared the following:
Cold Tofu with Sesame Sauce ($3.80) - the tofu went well with the sesame sauce and it was really fragrant.



Ton Shabu ($6.40) - the pork is thinly sliced and the special sauce for dipping wasn't too sweet or salty. The sauce actually brought out the taste of the pork beautifully.


Kushi Dango Mitsumame ($6.80) - dessert, lol. Actually I only wanted the mochi (or muah chee) that came with it. It is soft serve ice cream came with jelly, a slice of peach and two sticks of mochi. The mochi was yummy. =)


I am happy. I have got my mooncakes and I have eaten my mochi. Tonight can sleep well. Hahaha. Oh yes, I am also getting better from my illness. :)

No comments: