making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Sunday 2 September 2007

Painless Sunday

Today is a day of rest for me. Literally, for my knee.

Woke up in the morning, my injured knee was a little stiff. Thank goodness, I haven't suffered from any leg/ calf cramps lately (usually on the right leg too) , otherwise I won't know how to tolerate the pain from the cramp and from the knee. Hahaha. Must really give thanks. Applied the gel, took my anti-inflammatory medication and my painkiller, put on the knee guard and all systems on the go. Lol.

So far, I seemed to be taking well to this painkiller, haven't broken out in any allergic reaction yet. Shhh... better don't speak too soon, lol. Well, that was what happened with panadol. I was initially okay with it and then one day, anaphylaxis (the most severe type of allergic reaction) just hit me! Now, only the children's paracetemol suspension is safe for me. But then, I also can't take more than 1 teaspoon or the allergic reaction would kick in too. But with just 1 teaspoon, it doesn't help much to relieve pain (or fever, depending on what I am taking the paracetemol for). I can't win, huh? Lol.

Am thinking about finding out if there are other painkillers out there that I can take without causing me a severe allergic reaction. It seems my body doesn't do half measures. It has a mind of its own, "Hmm, allergic reaction? Hell, let's a party and go for the most severe kind". LOL. I would have to undergo a patch test. Sigh. Why can't just use my blood and see the reaction?? See how lah. Definitely don't relish the idea of being poked with various drugs to see how I would react. Yikes.

So far, so good. No pain from my knee except once this evening when I walked too fast. Ouch. Getting kind of worried as I would finish my painkillers by tomorrow morning. I hate the feeling of pain. Oh no, am I getting reliant on the painkiller? Lol. Really hope I will be okay, lol. Keep me in your prayers, ok? Thanks. :)

No comments: