making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Wednesday 5 September 2007

Who Stole My Crackers?

Owing to my new diet, I am now snacking on healthier snacks (I think, lol). I would stock up on crackers from Carr and have a tub of low fat cream cheese in the fridge. Every now and then, when I get “hungry” or rather just itching to eat something, I would take a cracker or two, slap some cream cheese on top. Ah, simple delight but yummy. Lol. That would satisfy my “hunger” for some time to come.

Yesterday morning (Tuesday), after the girls left for kindergarten, I decided to have a few crackers and cheese for a light breakfast. When I looked into the fridge, I saw my cream cheese but my crackers were no where to be seen. Ok, maybe someone moved it to the other fridge. (Oh yar, we have two huge fridges at home because we entertain so much that we need the space to store the food.) Ok, it is not there either. There was still 1/3 of the crackers left, about 10-12 pieces. How could anyone finish all that between the last time I had them (Monday night) and Tuesday morning?? Felt very puzzled and vexed about my missing crackers... I was craving for crackers and cheese. :(

While relaxing with the girls and watching Discovery channel in the evening, Juliane whipped something out of her school bag and asked if we wanted to eat "hot hot" wan. Huh? What is she talking about? Lo and behold, in her hands were my missing crackers!! (The crackers were seasoned with black pepper, thus "hot hot" or spicy to her.) There were only about 4 or 5 crackers left. Hahaha. The little girl has actually brought the crackers to kindergarten to share with her friends. That is generous of her. But I had to tell her that next time, she has to ask for permission first before she brings anything from home to kindergarten. Who knows, what she will decide to bring from home to share with her friends??


***
Juliane's generosity reminded me of another incident. It involved Marieann and her generosity too. Marieann was then in Nursery 2 (2006) at her previous kindergarten. Being the oldest in class, she sometimes helped the teacher to maintain order in the class. One afternoon, when her father went to pick her up, she asked him to buy her 3 Princess DVDs. Her father was perplexed as he had just bought her 1. She explained that she was helping the teacher to keep her classmates quiet. For those who were noisy, if they were to keep quiet, she promised to give them the Princess DVD! Her father was speechless! LOL. She was very generous, with her father's money! Hahaha.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with this completely, thanks for the post.

hweiming said...

Kids do think very differently from the adults, lol. :)
You are most welcome about the post.