making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Friday 19 October 2007

An Accident and Hari Raya Gathering

While I was out in the afternoon, an accident happened at home.

The girls were as usual playing together. According to eyewitnesses' and victim's reports, the sisters were dancing in circles while holding hands. Unfortunately for Juliane, Marieann didn't know about the danger of suddenly letting go of her younger sister's hands in the midst of dancing in circles. Juliane lost her balance and fell against the antique windscreen. She suffered a cut just above her right eyebrow. Thank the stars! If it had been half an inch lower... Of course, the little one panicked and started crying when she saw blood. My mother patched the cut up. Thank goodness, no stitching needed. But I only hope it will not leave a scar.

Marieann wasn't at fault as she didn't know her actions would have such serious consequence for her younger sister. However, she was told firmly not to play too rough with her sister, especially now that her sister is recovering... I think Marieann have learnt from this lesson.

***
An ex-MOE HQ colleague, Rahidah invited my family to her place for a Hari Raya gathering in the evening. This is one gathering that I look forward to every year. There is good company and good food! Knowing that I can't take spicy food, Rahidah always makes sure there are non-spicy Malay dishes for me to take. It is really considerate of Rahidah. Bless her. Besides the delicious Malay dishes (Rahidah's place is the only place I will willingly take Malay food, lol), there are yummy Hari Raya goodies (cakes, cookies, kuehs) too. I couldn't stop myself munching away on those goodies, so did my girls, lol. Like mother, like daughters, hahaha.

Amidst the eating, it was wonderful catching up with my former colleagues on what's happening in HQ and in schools. Important information, might be useful if I should decide to return to HQ, lol. Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end. We have to leave at 9:30pm as it was past the girls' bedtime. Thanks again for inviting us every year without fail, Rahidah. See you next year! =)




No comments: