making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Wednesday 17 October 2007

Catch a Fly?

I went for lunch pretty late today with two good friends.

I was still eating when one of my friends, YZ finished his food. While waiting for KM and I to finish our food, he was eyeing a fly that was resting on the table and made a move as if he was going to catch it. As a joke, I asked him to try to catch it. Inwardly, I was thinking there is no way anyone can catch a fly as it moves too fast. "Tea on me, if you can catch a fly". Lol. KM started snickering. Hmm, should have seen that as a warning that something was not as simple as I thought. But I didn't.

Anyway, YZ made a move and it seemed as if he did catch a fly. But it was too fast so I couldn't be sure. Then he started to shake his clenched fist where the fly was supposed to be in. Hahaha. "Yeah right, as if you really caught a fly", thought I. KM was by now laughing away. Maybe he was laughing at YZ who was pretending to have caught a fly. That must be it, lol. YZ opened his fist right in front of me and out flew a FLY! Oh gosh, he really caught a fly. HAHAHA. I burst into laughter. I finally understood why KM was laughing. The joke was on me, lol. I couldn't believe it! Hahaha. So a fly can be caught with bare hands, lol.

I kept my word. Tea was on me for everyone, lol.

No comments: