making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Thursday 18 October 2007

Facebook II & My Blog

Still very hooked on Facebook. Hahaha. Have found quite a number of people through it, especially my former students from 4 Prudence, SCGS. Really glad to have established contact with them again. It is really wonderful to know that they are all doing well academically. I am sure I will hear from more of them soon. Remember I only just got started on Facebook on 15 October, 4 days ago, so give me some time to look them up and vice verse, lol.

I was trying out with the various applications on Facebook. Really fun. Have added iDescribe and Star Wars Quotes. iDescribe is an application where you can invite your friends to describe you in 5 words from a list of words. I think it would be quite fun as well as being the moment of truth, lol. I will finally know what my friends think of me, lol. I will take it as a chance to learn more about myself and to change for the better. :)

I have always like Star Wars so I was pretty thrilled when I saw Star Wars Quotes. Added it and I looked for my favourite quote by Yoda from Star Wars: The Empire Srikes Back. Yoda said to Luke Skywalker when he had tried to lift his X-Wing Fighter from the swamp with the Force and failed. Yoda said, "No! Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try". I think this is so simple but yet so powerful in its truth and it applies to all aspect of our lives, on Earth, and not just in a galaxy far, far away. =)

***
I have also updated my blog with some new gadgets, added web widgets to be exact. I now have a Birthday Countdown counter, counting down to my birthday, lol. Why not? I have always like birthdays, be it mine or others. It is a time for celebration and fun. Well, some will say it means you are one year older and one year closer to death. Well, after my close brush with death last year, I say, "Hell with it! Life is too short, just celebrate life and living with every opportunity you have! Birthdays is just as good an opportunity as any others!". So there, lol.

I have also added a Daily Affirmation web widget. I hope Daily Affirmations will offer my blog visitors (and myself, lol) a lift in their mood with these positive little pick-me-ups which included quotes such as proverbs from various countries, very old quotes and some current day ones. What I like is that these quotes are non-denominational (no religious inclinations) so I wouldn't offend anyone. :)

***
So if you do visit my Facebook world or my blog, do check out the new add-ons. :)

PS. Hmm, I'm thinking if I should add games onto my blog, lol.

1 comment:

Sorav said...

How exactly were you close to death? Maybe you can talk about it? After all, it's been over 10 years... Crazy