making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Wednesday 31 October 2007

Field Trip to The Science Centre

Today, the girls' pre-school arranged a field trip to The Science Centre for the children. Parents are often invited along to such field trips, 1) can keep an eye on their own children, 2) to be involved in the children's schooling. This is the fourth field trip I have been with the girls as the days happened to coincide with my non-working days. (I just love working part-time! Lol.)

It was raining in the morning but the girls were still as excited as ever about going on the filed trip. When we arrived at the centre, it was PACKED with students!! It seemed every school has decided to choose to go to The Science Centre as their after exam excursion! Seeing the HUGE crowd, my excitement was already dampened by half but not the girls. The centre was also very confusing like a maze, it seemed as if we were walking in circles. The lighting wasn't very bright too, trying to be green perhaps?? But quite dangerous, especially for the little children who couldn't see clearly where they were going. What irked me the most was the rowdy students who were running and dashing about the centre most recklessly with no care about others. "There are little children around, you idiots!", I swore under my breath. Throughout the time at the centre, I was always in front of my girls like a mother hen protecting her chicks from being knocked down by the students who were dashing around. Argh!

When a good friend heard my girls were going to the Science Centre, he mentioned that when he visited Science Centre during his school days, he did nothing but push the buttons, what more little pre-school children. He was so right! Lol. My girls did nothing but just push at every button they saw, and pull or push every lever they came across before moving off to the next button or lever, lolol.








We returned to the pre-school at 12pm. I let the girls take their usual school bus home at 1pm while I went to Borders for a look around. I got home at 1:30pm and went to sleep. I was really exhausted mentally and physically from today's field trip. I had a real nice nap until 4pm. =)

1 comment:

SamanthaW said...

Oh there's nothing new with that than? that - after exam excursions to Science center after the final year exams.

During my secondary school days i got so sick of going to the Singapore Discovery Center. I still remember there was a year we went like 4 times :/

Oh right. I'm Samantha btw xD