making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Saturday 13 October 2007

Food, Airport, Grandparents

Since the girls would be out again tonight - going to the airport, we brought them to some place nearby, Great World City, for lunch.

We tried out SayCheezeCake. It is mainly western food but has some local flavours too.
The girls had their Set A ($8.90) which consisted Cream of Mushroom soup, pan-fried fish fillets in beaten egg and cheese, tomato sauce and butter linguine and a scoop of ice cream (the girls chose strawberry flavour). The soup was really good and creamy and had bits of mushroom in it for extra chew. The fish fillets were quite tasty too.



The girls' father had an entree from the Weekend Brunch: Creamy Scrambled Egg ($9.90) which was served on ciabatta bread with chicken chipolata and grilled tomato. I thought it was pretty standard.


I had their signature dish: Classic Paella ($18.90) where Spanish medium-grain rice was cooked with saffron, spices, tomato, diced bell pepper, and served up with mussels, crayfish, squid, chicken and pine nuts. I thought it was pretty good as I could still taste the other seasoning for the rice, other than just the tomato. But the girls' father thought the rice was a little bland. Oh well, we have different tastes, lol.


For dessert, we ordered another of their signature dish: Baked Tangy Mango Crepe with a scoop of coconut ice cream ($9.90). We changed the coconut ice cream to vanilla ice cream. Oh my goodness, I have never tasted crepe so delicious! The crepes (3) were rolled up like little spring rolls with bits of mango in them, covered with a layer of creamy creme brulee taste-alike sauce and baked. The crepe went very well with the sauce, simply yummy. Of course, it was sweet but I couldn't resist it. I took one little roll of crepe accompanied with several mouthfuls of the sweet creamy sauce and ice cream. Simply heavenly!



After such a wonderful lunch and dessert, have to walk around to digest the food, lol. Got clothes for the girls from Esprit and got myself another top too (got birthday discount, not so bad, lol) :)

***
My parents were coming back tonight on a 22:10 flight from Xiamen, China. So we left for the airport around 7:30pm to have dinner first before picking my parents up. The girls' father wanted to eat at Tong Shui Cafe, Terminal 2. We brought the girls over to Terminal 2 via the Skytrain from Terminal 1.

The girls had Thick Toast Honey & Butter ($2.88) which I thought it was too sweet. Their father ordered Chee Cheong Fun with Chicken Ham Meat and Sunset Egg ($3.88). I had a Crispy Noodles with Sunset Egg, Chicken Chop and Veggies ($8.88). The gravy was a little too salty for my liking but on the whole, it was okay. Gold fish Dumpling Soup ($4.88) and Sharkfin Dumpling soup ($4.88) were shared. Both were just average. (No pictures shown of the two soups.)
For drinks, the girls' father had an Iced HK Milk Tea ($2.88). I stole a sip and found it was way too sweet for my liking. I had Hot Chrysanthemum with Honey and Wolfberries ($2.88) but I requested for the honey NOT to be added to mine. However, I think they still did. Oh well, I will let it go this time, lol.







We finished our dinner just as the girls' grandparents' plane touched down. Thank goodness, we weren't late, lol. The girls were very thrilled to see their grandparents. I would too, if it meant good food daily, daily trips to Botanic Garden, ice cream from Mckkies at Tanglin Mall from now on, lol.

It was very late when we got home. There would be a lot of catching up to do come tomorrow. :)

Good night.

No comments: