making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Friday 5 October 2007

Grindhouse: Planet Terror

I watched the Grindhouse: Death Proof a few months ago. It was the second segment. I really enjoyed watching it and laughing over it. I decided to watch Planet Terror, directed by Robert Rodriguez, the first segment when it opens in Singapore. I finally got to watch it this evening. I thought I had better not wait any longer, as it seems to be ending its run.

Planet Terror is about a group of survivors who had to fight and kill zombies while trying to get to safety. Yes, the plot is as simple as that, lol. This is an absolutely hilarious movie – the characters, the dialogue, the cheesy yet funny lines, the violent scenes of blowing zombies to bits were so gross-out and over-the-top that they became funny instead! I shall not say anymore or I would be going into spoiler domain. :P

I absolutely love the movie. I had such good laughs. I am going to watch it again, not just because I enjoyed it tremendously but also because I missed the first 20 minutes of the movie!

This is the first time I have ever missed the start of a movie. Hubby was delayed in picking me up and there was a massive traffic jam on the way. I was pretty vexed about being late for the movie. I had wanted to forget it and just watch the movie another day. But curiosity got the better of me and I went for it anyway.

I am going to watch it again this weekend and laugh to my heart’s content. Dear Friends, whoever is interested in Planet Terror, let me know. I can go with you, lol.

***
When I told hubby last night that I was going to watch Planet Terror, he thought the movie didn’t sound very appealing. I told him it was a film feature paying tribute to B-grade horror movies and it probably wasn’t his kind of movie. But hubby decided to watch it. True enough, it was NOT his kind of movie. At the movie, I was laughing away but he was pretty quiet. He hated the movie while I loved the movie. He kind of blamed me that he watched such an awful movie. Err, hello, I never told him to go and definitely never forced him to go watch it. Get that straight. See, this is why I like to watch movies on my own!

***
After the movie, we had a simple dinner. I had my bangers and mash while he had a hot dog. We got home with plenty of time to spare before Ghost Whisperer started at 10pm. Lol.

No comments: