making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Saturday 27 October 2007

Happy Birthday Dinner

Tonight, we went to Lawry's for my birthday celebration.

I quite like the whole ambiance of the restaurant. =) Thank goodness, the girls were well-behaved, lol.

The girls ordered from the Kids Special which came with a starter, main course and dessert:
Starters: Soup of the Day - Cream of Roasted Carrot. It was really delicious.
Main Course: Kid's Burger ($19.80++) - Chicken burger char-grilled with melted cheddar cheese, fried egg, sliced tomato, lettuce and served with French fries and tomato sauce.
Dessert: Marieann ordered Haagen Dazs Strawberry Ice cream while Juliane ordered the oven-baked Pecan Nut Brownie Cake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream (Haagen Dazs) and covered with chocolate hot fudge, garnished with light whipping cream and maraschino cherry and chopped pistachio nuts. The brownie was to die for, lol. Ok, maybe because I haven't had any brownie in ages. (NB: I only took a two teaspoon, lol) The girls also each received a free juice and free gift. Nice touch.




For the adults, when we ordered the main course, they came with Lawry's The Famous Original Spinning Bowl Salad. The salad was a blend of crisp romaine and iceberg lettuce, watercress, shredded beets, chopped eggs and croutons, and tossed with an exclusive vintage dressing in a salad bowl spun on a bed of ice. The girls were really intrigued by the the spinning bowl salad. The salad was really nice, fresh and crisp.


My father ordered a Tequila Salmon ($43.80++) The salmon was almond Coated and pan seared, accompanied with three different canapes: a crispy corn tortilla spoon with tomato salsa, tiger prawns with caviar, and sun dried tomato cream cheese with pistachio nuts on toast. The salmon was served with a lemon grass cream sauce, Idaho mashed potatoes, pan seared asparagus and roasted cherry tomatoes. Didn't get to try it but it looked good. :)


The girls' father ordered Fresh Fish Selection ($43.80++) - sea bream with melted cheddar cheese, topped with mussels and bacon and served with assorted vegetables. I wasn't listening to the server when she was describing the catch of the day. When it came, I was also more interested in my own main course, lol. Sorry, just try to guess from the photo if it was good. :P


Both my mother and I ordered the Seafood Maryland ($78.80++). It is a seafood foursome of: an Atlantic lobster tail with caviar cheese sauce, pan seared almond coated salmon fillet with lemon grass sauce, a pan fried sea scallop stuffed with prunes and served with a sweet balsamic vinegar sauce, and a Champagne batter deep fried banana king prawn with a citrus tartar sauce. Served with Idaho mashed potatoes and assorted vegetables. I thought it was sumptuous! The portion was just right and not too heavy. The various sauces went quite well with its respective seafood except for the caviar cheese sauce which was a little too salty but overall, it was good!! Simply heaven. :)


There was a "surprise" birthday cake for me and singing of "Happy Birthday" by the staff of Lawry's. It was nice. The girls were more excited than I was and wanted to blow out my candle for me, lol. We blew it out together and I made a wish. Shhh... can't tell or it won't come true, lol.







It has been a most lovely birthday. Throughout today, I have received birthday wishes from family and friends via SMSes, emails, Facebook, and phone calls. I received a few gifts too. Thank you very much, my family and friends. I really appreciate and treasure all the well wishes that you have sent my way. Thank you.

No comments: