making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Monday 8 October 2007

New TV Series: Nightmares and Dreamscapes

Was trying to decide if I should watch House showing on AXN or the premier of Nightmares and Dreamscapes on 5. Both were showing at 10pm. Nightmares and Dreamscapes won because House has repeats and I can watch today's House episode another day. Hahaha.

I just saw the first episode of Nightmares and Dreamscapes. It is an eight episode miniseries based on various short stories by Stephen King, mostly from his Nightmares and Dreamscapes short stories collection.

Today's premier episode, Battleground was about a hitman who murdered the CEO of a toy company, had to contend with toy soldiers which were revenging the CEO's death. It was really fun to see the toy soldiers waged war on the hitman. It was like watching Bands of Brothers but in miniature toy forms and fighting against one hitman instead of the Nazis.

It is really interesting to watch this episode, especially the toy soldiers! It sure brings back good old memories. I remembered playing with such tiny green toy soldiers too during my childhood! Yes, I did have an unusual childhood, lol. I never did play with girlie toys/dolls but only with Lego, Playmobil, Eagle spaceship from Space 1999, Star Wars X-Wing fighters, etc. LOL.

Nightmares and Dreamscapes, so far, is good, lol. I really like it. It is my kind of show - horror and science fiction. For those of you who are into Twilight Zone and The Outer Limits, this new series won't disappoint you. I wasn't disappointed, lol. But then again, I have pretty strange tastes in tv series, movies, interests for a girl. Hahaha.

Watch Nightmares and Dreamscapes if you can, every Monday night at 10pm on Channel 5.

No comments: