making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Thursday 25 October 2007

No Beef

Hahaha. The girls' father has voted for Lawry's at Paragon. Finally, I can get to try out Lawry's! Never tried that place before because its specialty is beef. It would be a waste because I don't take beef due to EMP. No, not Electronicmagnetic Pulse but Equal Misery Policy.

I used to take beef, actually, I used to cook fantastic grilled beef if I may say so, lol. It was a hit with my Aussie friends. However, Mad Cow Disease hit UK and my brother was then in UK for his secondary education. My mother told my brother not to take beef. But of course my brother whined (sorry, bro, you did) that we were still taking beef in Singapore and in Australia. As a result, my mother decreed "NO MORE beef for everyone", thus the birth of equal misery policy in my family. It was hard at first, not taking beef especially when I was in Australia where beef was so reasonably priced and I am a carnivore, lol. But I slowly got used to it. It has been more than 10 years now, I no longer crave for it, lol. But I found there are other red meat that can substitute for beef, lol. :P

Yes, although I can't take beef at Lawry's, there is still the other favourite of mine available -Lobster, lol. I already did say he is going to pay, hahaha.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get your story right. I stopped eating BEEF only after NS.

hweiming said...

IS IT??? I remembered it as earlier when I was still in Australia. I was told to stop eating it. Hahaha.