making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Monday 8 October 2007

Reliquary by Preston & Child

Sorry, my book reviews have been long overdue because of recent matters that have taken up my energy and attention such as my estate’s enbloc and my contract.

I finished reading the Reliquary quite a while back. It is written by my favourite authors, Preston & Child. I must say for a sequel, it is actually good. Well, what do you expect from these two masters of thriller? Lol.


Reliquary follows on from Relic which gave you an inkling at the end of the book of what might happen in the next book. But rest assured, they didn’t give away much in terms of the plot in Reliquary. Several, if not most of the characters (e.g. Margo Green, Pendergast, D’Agosta, etc) from Relic appeared again in Reliquary, thus giving the book a continuity and familiarity. Characters are definitely more developed in this second story. Although the story is what we are familiar with, the Museum Beast, Preston & Child were able to give it a different twist bringing it to a whole new level of chill, excitement, and thrill. The end is really not what you expected!

Sorry, no more clues, otherwise it would be a spoiler. You have to read it for yourself. :) Enjoy the book!

PS. Another book review on its way soon.

No comments: