making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Thursday 11 October 2007

Tooth Fairy II & The Marmalade Pantry, HV

We brought Marieann to her 8pm appointment with my dentist friend, Hoon. Marieann has encountered the same problem again as with her earlier dental visit. Her permanent tooth has erupted behind her lower front right milk tooth while it is still firmly rooted in place. This has resulted in the permanent tooth growing crookedly. Not very nice for a girl.

She is really a very brave girl. She didn't whimper or make a single sound or make a single movement while watching my dentist friend gave her an injection on her lower jaw and then proceeded to extract her tooth! Mind you, she watched! If I were her, I would have closed my eyes. No, actually, I would have bolted from the clinic, lol. Her tooth extraction was over in 15 minutes, really fast and easy. My friend, Hoon told me she is really impressed with Marieann and her steadiness. Yup, my mother did a wonderful job in explaining to Marieann the tooth extraction process.

Tonight, there will be a visit from the Tooth Fairy (aka me, her mother, lol). :)


***
Since Marieann was Hoon's last patient, we went for dinner together. We went to The Marmalade Pantry's new outlet at Holland Village, close to 9pm. Food at The Marmalade Pantry never fails me nor fails to put a smile on my face. Their food is real comfort food!

Since the girls had their dinner, they had their cupcakes ($3.70 each): Marieann, the Cloud Nine (white coconut cake with cream cheese) and Juliane, the Limonta (tart lemon glazed cake). (Won't show the pictures here since they were featured in an earlier Marmalade Pantry visit).

We, the adults ordered the following dishes to share:
Hoon ordered the Crab Caesar ($18) which is heavenly. The lettuce is really crisp and fresh and the dressing was neither too much or too little. The crab meat and the pine nuts made this ordinary Caesar refreshing and extraordinary. :) A must-have for salad lovers!



The girl's father ordered his usual, Scrambled Eggs & Sausages on Toast with Field Mushrooms ($15). This is what people go for during Sunday Brunch at The Marmalade Pantry. But it is available the whole day, indicating its popularity with Pantry's patrons, like us, lol. :P


I ordered a Roast Pork Loin with Sage & Thyme, Caramelized Sweet Potato and Sauerkraut ($25). The pork loin was thick and nicely roasted to the right degree of crispiness! The pork loin was seasoned with just the right amount of sage and thyme which allowed the natural taste of the pork to come forth. I love the fat that just melts in the mouth, so sinful, hahaha. (Trying to rationalise, once in a while is okay, lol) The pork went really with the sauerkraut and the sweet potato.


Unanimously, we all decided to order the Penne with Broccoli, Ham & Cheese ($7.50) from the kids' menu. LOL. The penne was cooked in a real rich creamy sauce. A simple dish but a winner to all of us.


To round off a wonderfully rich (and comforting) dinner, Hoon and I ordered our Mint tea and the girls' father had his Iced Coffee.

The staff was really nice and attentive. Just before we left, the staff noted how my girls loved the cupcakes, they gave the girls each a cupcake to bring home. =)


They are really nice hor. No wonder, we are their regular patrons, lol.

***
After my counselling, I went to watch Resident Evil 3 in the afternoon. My birthday month, so decided to treat myself to a movie, lol. Will review the movie in another post. Not in this post, not now. I don't want to be hacked to death by friends who have not seen it. In case, my review post is too much of a spoiler. Hahaha. Soon, I promise. :)

No comments: