making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Sunday 28 October 2007

Wedding Banquet

Tonight, we attended my close family friend's wedding banquet at The Ritz-Carlton. Her wedding was spread out over two days. Yesterday was the solemnisation and the Tea ceremony. Tonight was the wedding banquet. It was a good way to avoid being too stressed out.

My parent and I, together with the girl's father, were seated at different tables. My parent was seated with the family friend's extended family. The girls' father and I were seated with strangers. This time, we couldn't be seated with the other cousins :( because their respective parent-in-laws were also invited. But I was thankful we were seated very near to the stage, the 2nd table from the stage so I was near enough to the action on stage in order to get quite good photos (I think, lol) and close ups too.

Again, I was "commissioned" to take photos, lol. So I was walking up and down the aisle in my long dress trying to snap photos, lol. Strange sight indeed, vying with the professional photographer for a good spot but always getting blocked by him. Lol.

The food was quite tasty and the service was good. Sorry, no photos of food here because I was seated among initial strangers at first so quite shy to take photos like that, hahaha. After an hour or so, we were all became less shy and started talking and mingling with one another at the table. There were some pretty interesting conversations going on at our table, so the company was quite good and entertaining. I really adored the wedding favour. It is a miniature, you know, those traditional Chinese bamboo baskets where you use during weddings to put the things in, hmmm... you know what I am saying, right? Anyway, just look at the photo below, you will know what I am trying to say. Inside this tiny basket is a little bottle of honey. Really sweet, eh. No pun intended. :P

There were the usual bridal march-ins (3 times), a video highlights of the Wedding Day on 27 October 2007, and the speeches by the bridesmaid, the father of the bride (Uncle Peter), the best man and the wedding couple. The wedding banquet programme was a little behind schedule but it was really entertaining, especially Uncle Peter's speech. I always knew Uncle Peter was funny, but never knew he is that FUNNY, hahaha.

The wedding banquet ended close to 11:45pm which was rather late. But I totally enjoyed the food, the company of the other guests at my table and the taking of photos, lol. Maybe I should take up some photography courses, maybe can do photography as another part-time job, lolol. :P Below are some of the photos that I have taken of the ballroom decoration and of the cousins and I. :)














No comments: