making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Monday 19 November 2007

A Flurry of SMSes

My fingers have never been so tired! I have never sms-ed so quickly and so many times within an hour. Ok, maybe I exaggerated a bit but it was too many smses and too frequent for me, lol. Not used to it, hahaha.

Tonight, two colleagues and friends of mine are off to New Zealand for a conference. They have to catch a plane to Sydney to catch a connecting flight to Auckland. Apparently, their plane to Sydney had some mechanical problems and they were still grounded after an hour after their scheduled flight departure at 7:55pm. One of them smsed me for help. It seemed they might miss their connecting flight from Sydney to Auckland and there was someone waiting to pick them from the Auckland airport. I helped to search for the phone number for the car rental company so that a message could be left for the person picking them up. I looked up the next available connecting flights from Sydney to Auckland for them. Next, I located the contact details for the shuttle service from Auckland to the town where the conference will take place. They might have to make their way to the town on their own if their ride can't wait for them.

The last sms I received from them was at 9:53pm, two hours after their scheduled departure, that the place was finally taking off. Really happy for them, after two hours of sitting in a grounded plane!

I really hope I have been helpful with the information that I have provided them. I really hope that they can make it for the next connecting flight in Sydney to Auckland. I really hope they will arrive at the conference refreshed and stress-free. =)

I am really happy that I have been able to help my friends. Nothing makes me more happy than having friends trust me to look me up for help. To me, it is a great pleasure and honour. I truly believe that my friends are able to look me up not just in good times, but especially so, in bad times.

No comments: