making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Friday 23 November 2007

Forever Young (almost), LOL.

I went to the library to borrow some books using my staff card (which has been programmed to function as the library card too). The librarian swiped my staff card and proceeded to process the books: scanned, stamped the date. Just before she closed the books, she looked at the screen and then something clicked in her. She asked for my card again.

I thought, "Here it goes again, there is some problem with my card again". I had tried previously to borrow books and was told my borrowing privileges has been suspended because my contract was ending. Well, it has been sorted out now, I was told by HR.

She looked at my staff card, looked at the books, looked at me and then burst out laughing. I was like "HUH"?? Seeing the puzzled look on my face, the librarian explained that she has wrongly stamped the return date of my books as that for students. She swiped my card and knew I am a staff but yet when she looked at me, she couldn't register me as staff but as student because I look so young!

Hahahahaha. A beautiful mistake. It is okay, I DON'T mind, lolol. This is not the first time that I have been told I don't look my age at all. Well, if most of my students said I still look the same as I did when I taught them almost 10 years ago. I think I should believe them, right? Lol. Those friends who have known me since secondary/ JC days, have also said I haven't changed much since then.

Truth be told, I am happy to hear that I still look young. I don't think anyone would be adverse to hearing that, right?! Lol. While I can still receive comments about me looking young, I welcome them. Hahaha. Well, I will try to be "forever young" as long as I can, especially at heart! I think that is the most important factor to staying young, being young at heart!

No comments: