making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Thursday 8 November 2007

I'm Touched.

Yesterday, I was touched by three events. I will talk about two of the events here, the third event will be a separate post.

Two of which are about my former students. I met two of my former students within the hour, within the same day! How fortunate can I be? I haven't met any of them since I left SCGS in 2000 and went back once in 2002.

I met Natalie Ngoi at Holland Village yesterday afternoon. I wouldn't have recognised her if she didn't call/ stop me! Well, not that she changed a lot but I kept forgetting my 4P girls are no longer the 10 year old girls that I taught but 19 year old young ladies! Sorry, girls. :P It was so wonderful to see her! I had to stifle a scream, after all I was her teacher before, must behave with decorum, hahaha.

When I returned home later, I saw a post on my Facebook. Another former student, Wee Xue Ting has written to me. She saw me when I was leaving my place for Holland Village! I thought she looked familiar but didn't call her. She didn't dare to call me too in case I wasn't Ms Wong, lol. It would have been so fun. I am sure she will call me the next time she is in the area, hahaha. But it was just as good that we conversed back and fro via Facebook yesterday. Lol.

I will definitely keep in touch with my former students. I am really touched that my students still remember me and perhaps like me enough to call me when they see me on the street, on the road, in the mall. Oh yes, thanks for telling me that I still look exactly the same as when I taught you girls! =) A real big compliment, lol. :P

2 comments:

SamanthaW said...

You did meet students after you left :P

Remember when Tiffany and i went to your house? :D

hweiming said...

Well, that visit was in 2002, still within the time frame I mentioned, lol. And that was the last I saw of you girls. :)