making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Thursday 1 November 2007

"Misfortunes" Never Come Singly

As you all know, Juliane had an accident almost two weeks ago where she hit her forehead while dancing with her sister, Marieann. Juliane is recovering well. The wound isn't as bad as it first appeared, not as big and deep now. Thank goodness, she is still young so her scar should lighten or fade with time. Phew.

But I guess I sighed a heave of relief too soon. This afternoon, Juliane burnt two fingers on her right hand. Sigh. My father was working on his wood works and he was using this burner thingy (don't know what it is called). He had warned the girls not to touch the tools. When he walked away to get a tool, the little "monkey" touched the burner thingy. But as she knew she was in the wrong, she didn't dare to cry out loud when she burnt herself. She came to me shedding silent tears. I have to give her credit for being "brave". Burns are painful. I put some ointment and plasters on her fingers.

Juliane has definitely learnt her lesson. She now knows what "hot" means and what "burns" means. Lol. I am afraid she takes after me, a kinesthetic learner too, lol.

No comments: