making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Thursday 8 November 2007

My Big Brother - Colin Wee

Updated 8 November 2007, 11:15pm.
My dear friend and brother, Colin has just put up a response to this post on his blog. After you have read my post, click here to read his post. It will tell you more about our friendship that spans over so many years. =)

As I mentioned in the previous post, the third event that touched me was a comment written on my blog by my long-time friend and my big brother, Colin Wee.

Colin and I go a long way back. We knew each other when we were in NJ. It is a LONG time ago, lol. Being new in NJ (I only joined NJ after the 1st 3 months in ACJC) and being in the same CT, Colin took me under his wings and looked after me like a younger sister.

Here is Colin's comment:

"I would like to think that the friendship we have has not changed over the years. I of course cherished the times in NJ. But you continue to be special even after almost 20 years out of it. Do you remember once you gave me a sand/hour glass thing that said "you are special"? I still have it. In fact it's in William's room right now.
Colin 07 November 2007 19:37"

Colin, the friendship we have definitely has not changed over the years. Yes, I too cherished the times in NJ. I remember the fun times we had in NJ, going to each other's homes to study and remember the Ninjitsu moves you tried to teach me? Lol. After NJ, we continued to keep in touch through your army days, our uni days, our working lives, ... I loved the romance advice that you used to give me, lol. You know, I am still grateful to you that you wanted to bash up my one of my exs for being rotten to me, hahaha.

You have taught me many things (and continue to do so) and most importantly, you have taught me to have a great attitude towards life: To have fun in life, To seize the Day. Thanks, Colin. Wow, you actually still have the sand/hour glass thing that I gave you so many years ago. I am really touched!

Colin, you are special too. You are a real great friend and a real big brother to me: then, now and in the future! Thank you very much, Colin, for your friendship. Keep in touch!

2 comments:

Colin Wee said...

Colin's Blog

Hwei Ming, what a lovely post. I've also posted in response. :-) Come for a read. Then you can come back to get trounced in Scrabulous. :-) Colin

hweiming said...

OI!!!! Hahaha, yar, you are beating me like anything in Scrabulous. :P Sure, will go read your blog now. =)