making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Friday 16 November 2007

Sleep

After I came home from my shopping at Esprit in the late evening, it was suddenly...

"What means this heaviness that hangs upon me? This lethargy that creeps through all my senses? Nature, oppress'd and harrass'd out with care, Sinks down to rest." - Joseph Addison, Cato (Act V, Sc. 1)

I couldn't fight sleep any longer...

"Come to me now! O, come! benignest sleep! And fold me up, as evening doth a flower, From my vain self, and vain things which have power Upon my soul to make me smile or weep. And when thou comest, oh, like Death be deep." - Patrick Proctor Alexandar, Sleep, appeared in the "Spectator"

And in my sleep, I dreamt...

"Sleep hath its own world, A boundary between the things misnamed Death and existence: Sleep hath its own world, And a wide realm of wild reality, And dreams in their development have breath, And tears and tortures, and the touch of joy." - Lord George Byron, The Dream (st. 1)

Now, I am awake, relieved, restored...

"Care-charmer Sleep, son of the sable Night, Brother to Death, in silent darkness born; Relieve my languish, and restore the light." - Samuel Daniel, Sonnet (46, To Delia)

4 comments:

Colin Wee said...

We seem to be thinking the same thing. Check out my blog post Strangely Rested.

hweiming said...

Just read your blog and put in a comment, big bro. This is so "eerie", writing about the same thing, hahahaha. Just joking. :P

Anonymous said...

so wat did you get at Esprit my dear beanie? do tell bear when you visit the store again so that i can pass you the vouchers... bear really no need for them =))

hweiming said...

Hi Bear. Will keep you in mind if I go to esprit again. I had fun shopping with u the last time :P