making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Monday 10 December 2007

Freaked Out!

As you all know, I have been helping friends of mine to look after their cat while they are away. Yes, they will be back soon.

So far, it has been a really enjoyable, wonderful and fun experience taking care of their cat, BC. He has been a real darling, really gentle and docile unlike my old cat (which had passed on in 2001, bless her soul). The whole experience of taking care of BC really make me miss having a pet. I don't think I have the chance to have a pet again as the girls' father hates animals. Oh well, until my friends are back, I shall continue to pretend BC is my cat, lol.

Today, I dropped in to check on BC. I was going on about my usual business, you know, like talking to BC when I stepped on something hard. Hmm, what was it? I picked it up to have a look. I was freaked out! It was a cat's claw, BC's claw!!

How could something like this happen to BC under my care?? Major panic for me! I checked BC's paws but there was no bleeding anywhere. When BC moved, it was as per normal, no limping, nothing out of the ordinary. But I was still concerned and worried. Had no choice but to sms my friends about it.

I was in an emotional upheaval when waiting for my friends' response. My thoughts were running wild such as "they are angry at me", "they are so going to hate me", "they are going to ban me from going near their cat"... :(. They responded a few hours later and asked what happened, how the broken claw looked like, etc. In the end, I learnt that BC sometimes did shed his claws, renewal or something like that... Phew. I felt so much better. But started feeling real awful again when friend said they had a fright because of my sms. Oh dear... :( I felt so silly for causing them unnecessary fright, just because I have never seen a cat shed its claws before. My former cat never did that, lol. I have definitely learnt something today.

I was pretty freaked out today. I will take even greater care of BC now until my friends are back! Lol.

No comments: