making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Tuesday 4 December 2007

I Have "Left", NOT!

I started having problems with my work email yesterday just after I had my lunch around 12pm+. I thought it might be a server problem when I couldn't log into my account. Well, the server was down for several hours during the weekend. So I thought it must have been the same problem again. No worries, I have work to do anyway and didn't need to check my emails.

However, when I returned home last night, I still could not log onto my work email after many, I mean MANY tries. I was getting worried. :( The server can't be down for so long, right? Hmmm, I hope it is not a similar problem that I had encountered with my library borrowing privileges. I could only wait and see when I went into office today.

Had the IT personnel over to check. Maybe it might be a password problem. Nope, it wasn't. It was really strange I could change my password but not log in. No choice, I had to lug my laptop to the institute's IT service centre to check what was the problem. To my horror, they told me I am NO longer staff of the institute, that I have left the institute. What the @#$*!!! X( So it is the same problem as my library borrowing privileges. SIGH! It is really a nuisance when this happens again and again just because HR hasn't inform the other departments that I am still with the institute. It does disrupt the flow of work for me and for others as they have to help me to settle the matters.

Even better, they have announced on the Staff Portal that I have left the institute on 30 November. Had friends and colleagues asking me why I decided to leave the institute when I had just told them not too long ago that I would be joining a new project on 1 December! So much hassle, all because HR didn't process their paperwork in time. As far as I know, the paperwork to join the new project was submitted in mid October. There was ample time to process everything in 1.5 months. But ... *shaking head* ... sigh, so much for efficiency!

To my friends and colleagues at work, I have NOT left! I am still here with the research centre and I have started on my new project and I am having fun in my new project. :)

PS. Just checked at 9:40pm. I have my email account again! Yes! I am in the system again. So fast, right? Because someone senior was in the cc list, so I guess that put the pressure on them to get things done more quickly, lol. Alamak, got so many mails. Now I have to respond to them..., lol.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.